Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering pump question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Apr 12, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i took the power steering pump off my blazer about a week ago, now when i go to put it back on it isnt lining up right, i have an old p.s. pump laying around and when i looked at them both, the mounting holes for the bracket are located differently. could mine have moved when i took it off? i have pics of what i am talking about here please help, i dont know what to do. thanks chris

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    Those holes did NOT move by anymeans. GM just clocked the pumps differently for different applications. If Can fit the differently clocked one on...there is no reason not to run it. Make sure the pressure hose uses the same type of fitting...0rings or flare fit. You can swap the big nut thing on the back side if it is wrong.
    Blake

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well the thing is the one i took off my blazer is the straight up right one, and for some reason the only way the bracket will mount to the pump then the block is with the pump filler tube pointing to the left (twards pass. side)of the ac pump instead of right(drivers Side)is there anyway i can clock mine?

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

There is no way to clock your own pump without pressing off the resivor. I wouldn't attempt this. What i would recommend is this...Use the angled pump and extend the filler with radiator hose and cut off the neck of the bad pump to move the fill spot where you want it. If they pump you are using points towards the waterpump...just bring the filler neck up next to the waterpump so that the fill is inbetween the alternator and the AC.
    Blake

6. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

yea i thought about that because i am going with the hydro assist, or i could modify/fabricate a bracket to locate it where i want it. i just cant remember what way it was on when i pulled it off /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif