Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power steering pump!!??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JHG, Jul 28, 2002.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

Jul 28, 2002
    A year ago I put a used power stearing pump in my 81 Blazer K5 (the old pump was not working, my biceps where getting to big /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ).

I was not 100% sure (around 95,43%) wich line should go in what port on the steering box. I connected it and it worked (but the fluid turned pink, perhaps that how it should be).

It was ok for some months but then it started to go bad and now it don´t work at all.

My questions are:

1) is it possible that I connected it wrong?

2) Would it work for some time if it is not correctly connected?

I am going to fix it this summer (getting my truck ready for the winter) and any help would be apprecated.

Jon H.
  2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Apr 21, 2002
    It's not likely you could hook them up wrong. There is one with threads (pressure) and one with a slip on fitting(return). The only ones that are different are the pumps made for hydroboost (pump runs brake booster) which has two return lines which go to the same place anyway.