Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grunt11b40x, Mar 28, 2003.

1. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

Got a problem hopefully one of you Blazer god's can help me with. 75 K5 350 short water pump, I have the round style power steering pump with the bottom bracket on it. assuming she bolts to the bottom right next to the timing cover, the problem is there is no other bracket on it and i can't figure out where it would go or what it looks like. anyone out here with some pics or info or spare parts ? she is a basket case and I want to get her on the road asap.
    thanks grunt

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Is the bracket the one with the "saddle" thing that slides onto a part of the water pump? </font>

3. grunt11b40x

no sure of what a saddle thing is , looking at the front of the block the bracket will align up with either the two holes to the bottom right of the timing cover and or the two bolt holes on the right of the short water pump. the problem is where else does it bolt to to get stable and for adjustment of the belt? I guess I could just use a long WP and find a newer style pump to mount up but I was kinda hoping I could use what I have so I could put some cash into the engine it's self

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sounds like I'm not familiar with that style, sorry I can't help. </font>

5. grunt11b40x

thanks anyway I posted it to the 1st gen board due to the fact the 350 is a 1970 hoping someone may have some close up pics of the pump hooked up to give me an idea of what I am looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif