Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering pump

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grunt11b40x, Mar 28, 2003.

1. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

Have a problem, got a 70 350 with short style water pump.
    I have the round style power steering pump and can't seem to figure out how she bolts up ? it looks like I am missing a bracket that allows for belt adjustment. I have no clue has to how or where it goes. anyone with some pics of the pump hooked up or spare brackets or advice please help
    grunt

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I looked through the pictures that I have here at work and this is all I found that showed the driver's side of the engine bay. It doesn't show the PS system in great detail, but it might help. I can get more pics this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[​IMG]

3. grunt11b40x

Thanks for the pic Ben.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they mounted to the front two threaded holes on front of block down low and extended back to engine mount before 73, bracket on block is cat ironj and bracket back to engine mount is steel, you can find the iron ones on the 70s vans still but the steel one isnt same

good luck

5. freedom

freedom Newbie

Call Alan Grove components @913.837.4368. They specialize in brackets for power steering, a.c. compressors, and altenators. I just bought a bracket for my 350 with the short water pump. The guy at the junk yard recommended them, and he had one to show me. The part number is 400L. I'll let you know how mine goes when I install this weekend. Good luck.

6. grunt11b40x

Thanks for the info, I will give him a call this week.

Grunt /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif