Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power steering pups, how they go?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rezalb, Apr 18, 2001.

1. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I had a friend do a 700r/208 change to a 400/203. Suddenly my powersteering makes noise and is hard to steer, and I got a flat tire (just kidding about the tire).
    The motor is a 1993 model 454....
    I thought power steering pumps just slowly started leeking on the driveway, but never all of a sudden hard to stter, noise and no leaks?

Thanks in advance all you CK5rs -
    rezalB

Built for a purpose.

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

this is a easy one you all have heard of diry shops who screw other things up to get more money out of you its goten to the friend that do stuff for you for like lunch and stuff [​IMG] ok jsut joking it could be jsuta bad pump had that happen no leaks nothign jsut al the sudden when out anoterthing poped to mine one of my buddys use to have proplems with a filter in teh pumped cloggin nad hes pump never leaked or anything not sue but its totaly your pump

AJ
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

There is a shaft inside. It can all of a sudden break. We just had it happen with one of our company trucks.

[​IMG]

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

rezalb,
    Just wanted to make sure that you have already checked the fluid level and looked for leaks.

bandit,
    How are we supposed to read any of that?

<font color=green>"MAN THOUGHT HURT BUT SLIGHTLY DEAD" --Providence (R.I.) Journal</font color=green>