Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering question.. stupid I know...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Aug 23, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Nov 29, 2001
    anyhow my truck is leaking ps fluid.... I havent ever replaced it so have had it since 1989.... anyhow... when I was at autozone.. I asked the guy to see one... well the one he brought out had 2 holes for hoses... I remember mine having 1 hose and a L style tube that you just put a clamp on.. am I missing something here?
    I may just change both hoses out and get the other one...

also is there a high volume pump that I can get from say another truck that may work? some day may go hydro winch up front and or hydro assist steering..

thanks guys
  2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Nov 8, 2004
    One hose is a pressure hose, the other is a return line. The pressure hose has metal connectors on both ends, while the return hose will usually have a metal connection and a clamp on the other. You might have mistaken the "L-shaped end" for the metal connector.

I bought a high volume pump from PSC. You can get their upgraded parts through ORD too. Not sure if one came on another vehiccle that could be used as an upgrade. I would recommend getting the PSC version if you want an upgrade. Im not planning on going hydro, I just wanted a little upgrade from stock since Ill be running a cooler.
  3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Jun 13, 2003
    just a word of warning.... i just went thru this earlier in the summer.. pay special attention to the location of that return tube.. the first AC Delco pump my guys sent over to me looked right, but that tube was in a slightly different spot and would hit the block...