Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5blazerus, Aug 8, 2001.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I every one I finally got my power steering conversion done and what a big improvment it made turnning those 33 ssr swampers i have .
    colin

IF its not broke , break it and upgrade it.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Congrats!! Nice to have an eaisier time steering.[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. ImpalaSS

ImpalaSS 1/2 ton status

cool! i still have to do the p/s conversion on my 68....... i got all the parts to how hard was it to turn 12.5" tires with manual steering?

68 SWB 4x4 1 of 1,449 made 327, 465 4 speed, rockwell tcase, edelbrock performer intake+carb, MSD pro billet http://communities.msn.com/68K10

4. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

The power steering will make a big difference off road and in snow. I have had the steering wheel pulled out of my hands with manual steering on a 4X4.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You didn't have power steering! I have had to turn mine without the P/S a few times and it sucked (I have a stupid Grant wheel)! You must have gotten some strong arms.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

6. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

It sucked big time without power steering it was hard to go on twisty trails with out the steering jerking right out of my hands and man did it suck I broke my thumb once and I got used to it after a while and it got quite easy I could not hardly climb stumps to see how good it flexed but know I can go on a RTI ramp and hit curbs and rocks now and I am glad I did this it was not hard at all it was all bolt on I even found the pump bracket that was used on or years so it went smoth.
    colin

IF its not broke , break it and upgrade it.