Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mdm365, Feb 12, 2002.

1. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

now that I got my new motor in I can get the power steering in at this time, its manual--however I found a power steering box from a member but it takes the flare type hoses my question is can I change the valve on the back were the line goes in from o-ring to flare fitting type by using one from the early model pump?

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers

2. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Almost definately. There were a couple of very small changes very early on. but more than likley they would just swap out with no problem. While your in there you can boost the pressure by following the tech article on my website.
    www.westtexasoffroad.com
    Sorry don't know how to do the clicky thing

3. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

thanks for the reply --I looked at your tech page and follow you on this one.Now I need to go to the bone yard and find what I need.I never tried that one so I was not sure. Thanks !! mike m

1977 k5-blazer4"pro comp lift 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear, 350 &,205 t-case,465 trans,flotech headers and mufflers