Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Tank - on board air alternative - anyone using it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Jul 20, 2001.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Posted this on my local board and got a lot of good responses. Anyone on here using these? Know a lot of you guys run the Yorks, Quick Air styles, etc., but haven't seen much about Power Tank. Seems to be a good alternative to me. Comments?

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

C02 is bad a$$.I dont have a Power Tank system but I have a C02 set up in my truck.It kicks a$$ and it lasts a long time.The only dif I see between mine and the Power Tank is the weight.My tank is steel and it is quite heavy.The Power Tank is aluminum I think.Mine will fill a 35 12.5 from 12psi to 35 in about 45 seconds.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, I have the PT-10 unit! It is a sweet unit, really high quality. We just brought Power Tank on a few weeks ago here at work, so let me know if you are interested, I will try to get a good price on them for all of my CK5 friends that might want one! [​IMG] You can check them out on our site if you want <a target="_blank" href=http://www.autoaccessory.com>www.autoaccessory.com</a> - just do a search for Power Tank. I love mine, it works great. The liquid CO2 really lets you go a long way! Depending on how low you go with your tire pressure, you can fill up a LOT of tires - I can fill my 35x12.50x16.5 up from 20 psi to 40 psi over 45 times!! And run air tools if I want! I highly recommend the Power Tanks! Myself and a friend are both running them in our trucks, it is so much faster and easier than my ARB or his old electrical compressor! And like was mentioned, they are made out of aluminum (and are BRAND new tanks, not some refurbished one), so they are relatively lightweight...they come with a great handle/regulator protector for easy moving if you need to. We can get all the accessories too: air hoses, extra tanks, mounting brackets, covers, etc...I got mine in Black Powdercoat, but they also have the Brushed Aluminum version also...

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email at keith@autoaccessory.com

4. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I have a 20 lb tank that I made and it cost me $100!!!!!. I rent the tank for $50 a year. The regulator cost $30, and the hose and quick disconnects were $20.

The regulator reduces the pressure from around 700-900psi in the tank to 150psi out the hose. works great!!

79 Blazer 6"lift 38 SX's locked/4:56 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.keith.rockcrawler.com>www.keith.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

How can you refill the tanks? Can you take them to a dive shop and fill 'em or does it have to be CO2? Can you fill 'em at a welding shop? What is the P.S.I ?---

Twiztid

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Any welding supply house can refill it, sounds like it costs about $10-15 to refill a 10 lb. canister. PSI is up the the regulator's ability..........Powertank uses a 150 psi regulator. Ought to be plenty of pressure...........and volume!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm from the first gen board, but I have a power tank system UPS-10 and it is badd assss. I can second everything that was said above about the power tanks. a little pricy, but worth it... you can get the bottles filled at many places. CO2 can be filled at welding places, but most commonly, carbonated coke machine vending places... They refill co2 for fountain soft drink machines. Or party stores sometimes can fill CO2.

My 2 cents.

8. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

For refills, try BOC Gases - I think they're national company. Its where I get my mig bottles. Price to fill co2 about $20, but if you don't have a bottle to trade you're looking at about $100 first time out, then $20 for each subsequent fill.

John

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Not running one, but wish I was[​IMG]. Got aired up today by one- awsome setup, Thanks Ricky(71 kick arse Bronco)....

KP- let me know what you come up with, definately interested. I'm tired of the old 60 minute air up[​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

FWP,

Which system are you interested in? They have a 5, 10 and 15 pound version. I would recommend at least the 10 pound if you have 33 or bigger tires...let me know and I can get you a price. Either send me a PM or just email me at keith@autoaccessory.com