Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power tools

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Aug 16, 2001.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone familiar with the Milwaukee electric impact gun #9072-20? I am wondering what the dial increments vary i.e lbs. torque or just speed. The manual is just as vague high school sex ed. in the 50's.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The dial does torque. I'd love to own one of the Milwaukees too - My buddy has one, and it's SO much nicer than my old B&D.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanx man. I am sitting here with it in my lap trying to figure the thing out. The manual says its a speed control. When its turned it does control the speed but I guess it could do the tq. too. Pugsly, any suggestions or further explanation would be GREATLY appreciated.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's about as much as I know - My esteemed counterpart says that it works something like the clutch control on a cordless drill - he always keeps his running at full blast, for fear of burning something out.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Cool. I will just run it on the elcheapo torque wrench to find out what she will do. Thank you for all your help.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i've found you cant go wrong with milwalkee...it's so much better then dejunk. Good choice in tools!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

speed or torque i'm not too sure which one. I've got a milwalkee screw impact that i use on the job occasionally. Pretty much you can dial it in properly so you seat screws without stripping them so I'd say torque. Speed wouldn't matter much in that senario would it???

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>