Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power window/door lock questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silverado_K5, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

I need to know more info about the power window and door lock wiring on my 87 Chevy pickup. I need to find a complete wiring diagram/schematic so I know which wire does what. Does the relay only control the door locks or does it include the windows too? I'm thinking the power comes from the fuse block to the relay and then out to the doors. Your help would be most appreciated ASAP.

Thanks,
    Doug

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Maybe this post will help you.
    The relays for the doors and locks are seperate, but yeah you have the general idea.
    What exactly is the problem?

3. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I bought complete power window/lock doors, wiring harness and relay for under the dash, as well as, all the other interior to change my interior from blue to black. The donor truck was an 87 GMC High Sierra and my truck is an 87 Chevy Silverado.

Here's where the problems are; I can operate both power windows from the driver door, but the pass door power window switch will not operate the window. I didn't get any power from the pink wire with my test light, so I'm assuming I have a break in the wire somewhere under the dash or in the door wiring. Next, I cannot get the power lock switches to work on either door. I have power on the lock switches at each door on the orange wire.

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pics of what the relay looks like? I'm trying to put in keyless entry and can't find the relay.