Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Window Issues... help with symptoms

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Memphis, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Memphis

Memphis Registered Member

Hey CK5 my dads Avalanche is having a couple problems and the most recent one being the passenger power window. I just noticed this tonight, when the window is rolling down it is retracting like normal, however when going back up it starts fine till the window is half way up then it starts to slow down then completely stalls 3/4 of the way up. Thank God I got it to go up tonight but I am scared to roll it back down till I can get some answers.

Is the motor for the window on it's way out? Or is it too early to assume? I haven't looked inside the door yet but the track seems fine to me since it will retract normally. Can anyone shed some light for me?

For reference is this a 2002 avalanche:confused:

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Probably the window motor. Eating up all of the current and tripping the circuit breaker. Easy enough fix. Pretty sure that motors are available seperate from the regulator.

3. Memphis

Memphis Registered Member

hmm, so the average joe smoe mech. can fix this problem then ? :D Starting to sound better already