Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Window Porblems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Mar 6, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

My power windows dont work anymore I thought I had blown a fuse so I replaced it. And they still wont work. When I press the button for them to roll up or down the light under the dash turns on. Any suggestions on how to fix?
    oh yeha when the windows did roll up and down he light under the dashe never came on.

2. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

sound like something has shorted under the dash. Power is being sent to the light instead of the windows. Will either window roll up like the driver? All you can do is start running down your wires till you find the culprit.

3. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

they both wont work at all for me.

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

had similar problem on mine all i can tell you is get out a wireing diagram and a test light and start checking

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

There should be no light anywhere on the window wires. I would assume someone monkied around with the wiring durring a stereo install or something. I would start to seperate the wires and look for splices that dont belong.

Also, if the drivers door switch has problems then the pass door should not work since the pass door pulls it negative from the drivers door switch.