Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power window problems (help)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bam bam k5, Aug 14, 2004.

1. bam bam k5

bam bam k5 1/2 ton status

I have a 87K5 and my power windows will noy work. startes by checking fuses , were good. cheked for power. then changed the window switch with new on. to mak a long story short. my windows still not working. the switch has power to all wires. no mater how you push the switch all wires are hot. any help would be nice. Or would you convrt to manual windows /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

have you tried running power directly to the motor? You can run a jumper wire staight to the motor from a battery charger or something. Mybe to motor is bad.

3. bam bam k5

no not yet but it is kind of strange for both of them to quit at the same time. they were working, I didn't drive it for 2 weeks and now no work

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well since neither work, the prob is on the drivers side. maybe a wire is chafed and is grounding out down inside the door?

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well since neither work, the prob is on the drivers side. maybe a wire is chafed and is grounding out down inside the door?

[/ QUOTE ]i would have to agree.mine had come unplugged inside the door.the only reason i noticed it is because the doors were rusted at the bottom and i saw the wire hanging out.take the door panel off and maybe you'll be able to see the wires.good luck!

6. bam bam k5

not the wires in the door. not the switch. don't think its the motors. tryed a diffrent motor from another truck that was working and sill didn't work. getting agravited with it think I'm going with the manual and say the hell with it

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    not the wires in the door. not the switch. don't think its the motors. tryed a diffrent motor from another truck that was working and sill didn't work. getting agravited with it think I'm going with the manual and say the hell with it

[/ QUOTE ]

now your talkin /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it! Find someone with a multimeter and some troubleshooting skills. Or come out here and I'll fix it for you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Seriously, it's a fairly simple circuit, and would be just a matter of finding what isn't grounded or what doesn't have power. It's actually a lot less work than converting to manual. Or it could be a matter of replacing something simple like the fuse or the relay.

9. bam bam k5

checked the fuses but where is the relay. i haven't seen a relay in the circut.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if you dont have power at the switch try running a new wire right from the bat and put an inline fuse in there. if you do have power at the switch and the moter, then try checking your grounds /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I think my relay is on the pedal assembly bracket, but it's a 78. I'd scan in the diagram, but my scanner just crapped out on me. I think muddytazz might have something.

12. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Ok, muddytazz had nothing and I fixed my scanner problem. Again, this is for a 78, but should give you the basic concept.
    [​IMG]