Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Window Problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eshorvath, Oct 7, 2002.

1. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

The power windows (doors) on my 1986 blazer will not work by the drivers door. The passenger door rolls up and down (slowly) by the passenger door switch.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the doors? Could it just be a switch, or wiring in the door?
    Thanks for the help.
    Oh, I got the new motor running great, using Edelbrock carb and intake. Sounds strong and awesome.
    Eddie

2. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

could be the switch. try bypassing it to test. if the pass. side is slow, the motors are probably just worn out. i have the same problem on my 83 and im just gonna convert to manual stuff so i dont have to worry about it.

keith

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i agree if it real slow then prob a bad motor, but could also be a real gunked up regulator. but the motors are only like $35 at napa. the new switches are like $25 go figure

4. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

Well, I figured out that the main (pink) wire has to be cut. I by-passed the pink (hot) wire, and the windows work, so I need to replace that wire. I will make a wiring diagram from this experience,and give it to you later.
    Ed