Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power window short on power

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NewK5Guy, Mar 13, 2001.

1. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

I have a curious problem with my passenger's door power window. The driver's side works fine, so it's nothing to lose sleep over.
    When I hold the button to roll it down, it slowly wanders to about 2/3 the way down then stops. A light tap at the top of the glass and it winds itself the rest of the way down. Goes up all in one motion with no assistance needed albeit very slow, slower as compared to the driver's window. What you think could be the hold up? The motor works as can be seen. Just maybe grime on the regulator and gears?

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

I grew up in Richmond so I'll give you the low down here. This is an issue w/ K5's and Jimmy's. It was discussed in great detail a few weeks ago. Try the Search feature at the top of the page but don't get excited. The gist was there are some rollers that can be at fault but no one ever really nailed this down. It is a common problem we all face.

While it pains me to say this, two years ago, a problem like this would have gotten solved in one thread/set of posts on CK5. Now, I just don't know. I worry that there's too many feel good posts and not enough common problem solving. Just thinking out loud with several years of experience being around this board.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>
    Forever missing Dale Earnhardt, who drove over more Fords than we could ever dream of

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check to see if there's anything blocking the way and grease everything up

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune time." [​IMG]