Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power window wires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Nov 16, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

The wires for the power windows that lead into the switch have broken off from their little clamp looking things. It seems like the wire has gotten brittle over the years and just cracked off. Two of our vehicles have now done this, and one of them happens to be my blazer and the other our safari minivan. Now, its annoying me because the switch is sticking out of the door panel so i can hold the wires into the contacts so i can put my windows up and down. I tried electical taping them in there but it won't stay. Any one know where i can get those odd looking clamps that go around the post on the switch??? Thanks in advance for help solving this annoying problem.

Doug Krebs

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Find a car electrician place in your town... describe your problem to him and ask if you can buy the parts from him and give him 20 bucks for his time... more than likely he'll tell you exactly how to fix it and sell you the littl plug in connectors really cheep...
    An the 20's will ensure you can ask other questions if needed...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Any chance you can solder them to the contacts? Might work for a while, and if the switch goes bad, you just de-solder it..........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. KrebsATM02

I thought about soldering it, but what if i have to take the panel off. Be a real pain in the ass.

Doug Krebs

5. KrebsATM02

oh come on people, help me!!!

Doug Krebs

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Try to get ahold of Eagle86K5 with a private message.......he has a lot of experience with wiring and could probably help.