Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power window ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, Sep 25, 2005.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Not really truck related but more GM related. I have a 93 Olds Ciera and a 97 buick Skylark both seem to have intermitent problems with a window rolling down but then when you go to roll it up it is like the switch doesn't work for 10-30 min. I can push the switch to go up and nothing happens no noise from motor, just nothing. On the buick it is always the front pass window and on the olds it is sometimes either of the front windows and sometimes the rear pass window. Just wondering if this is common and/or where I should start looking to find the problem. I am hoping maybe it is just a bad window switch or relay but don't really know. Any ideas?

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Power windows and locks use thrmal circuit breakers in the fuse box. They do this because if your seal is hard or you have ice on your window, you might need to spike the amps to get the window/lock to move. Would be a shame to replace fuses all the time.

Id check the motor. Might be real tired, drawing too many amps. Its possible your circuit breaker is bad, but that doesnt happen too often.