Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Windows... HELP!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XHitman396, Sep 23, 2002.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ok my driver side window is power and wont go down, it will work going up, but going down the motor just runs, like the gears are stripped, but y does it go up, we took off the door panel after much difficulty, and cant even see the motor, anyone know where the mounts are that are keeping the motor in place, or what could be wrong with it, is this gone into detail at all in a repair manual, how much would this cost to have professionally done if i can't do it? Thanks, the sooner the better.....

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

You've probably knocked the teeth off of on side of the regulator. The entire regulator/motor assembly is held in with 4 bolts you'll have to remove the doorglass and vent assembly. The regulator/motor assembly is big and kind of a bitch to get out. We normally get $45.00 plus parts on any door labor.

3. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

It's true it's a beeeaaatcchhh. But I didn't have to remove the vent assembly to get mine out. Probably should of though 'cos my vent window doesn't like to move at all and should be replaced. As a result I never open them.
    smack

4. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine had the same prob with both of his windows and he just took a cutting wheel and cut out a square in the inside plate of the door in front of the motor and removed it and put the new one in and everything worked great.

5. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

over the summer i replaced the motor in my driver side window, and having never done one before, it took about 2 hours including removing the door panel and the regulator, but i did not have to remove the glass. while i was in there i replace teh window and door lock switches, cleaned the junk from the bottom of the door, and glued in some insulation. a little patience and wiggling around the regulator to reinstall and all should be well ( paid $40 for the motor at napa with a $25 core charge)
    you will also prob bleed a little from trying to get the reg back in and lined up