Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power windows help!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schmuck, Feb 13, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ive got an 85 with power windows the drivers side works fine ive already put in new switches on both sides and motors on both sides and put teflon greese on both tracks, my peoblem is the passenger side window will only go down 99% of the time with both buttons pushed and will only go up 95% of the time with both buttons pushed, on the very rare occasion that it dose move with one button it only works with the passenger side button, drivers side switch never works. i have checked for voltage and found all to be good /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif please truck is too wide to keep strecing across to use both switches

2. Blazerfun

Blazerfun Registered Member

I had a problem similar to that on my 79. The drivers side switch would not roll up the passenger window most of the time. I had good volts as well. Then one day I noticed with the door open the window worked, close the door no worky!! I had two bad wires in the harness between the drivers door and the body. Fixed the wires and never a problem since. They were not totaly broken, hence the good volts, but hit the switch and the vols dropped way off as the resistance went up!

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

well the switch dosent work with the door open or closed but it has to be used in conjuntion with the other switch

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

any body else have any ideas im stuck

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

... switch to manual windows cause power ones are a pain (especially when u swap back/forth with tube doors) in the heiny? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

please help im still having problem