Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Windows Out Of Track

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Ryan

Ryan Registered Member

Has anyone else had their front power windows jump off track? Both of my front door windows will roll up about 3\4 way and then pop loudly before jumping back on track. I have pulled off both door panels, reset the windows in the track, and bent the tracks to make the window roll up correctly. However,this is only a temporary fix as they do it again within a week. I drove two other Blazers before purchasing my 1990, and they all did this. Is this a common problem? Is there a permanent solution? The problem is so bad that I have to manually pull up the pass. window. Any Ideas? I did a forum search, but nothing really turned up for this problem.

2. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

My 91 does the same, but only on the drivers side. I have to pull the window in as i'm rolling it up or else it just jams. I have no solution, hoping to hear one here.

3. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the same problem on my passenger side. I have cleaned and relubed it, adjusted it, and anything else I could think of with no luck.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

4. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Great, I was planning on tackling this on my '91 when the weather breaks but maybe not now. Come on gang, someone's got to have a permanent solution! My '91 requires the "hold while rolling up" during the last 1/3 of the way as well. Help us out here!

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>
    Forever missing Dale Earnhardt, who drove over more Fords than we could ever dream of

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Maybe if you could take the door panel apart and watch where the bind is you could figure an adjustment from there...mine are slow even after replacing the felt and motors, but at least they don't bind (yet)...maybe the felt in the track is gollywoggled down near the bottom where there isn't much contact, and that is allowing it to start out off the track, or possibly even some of the felt is missing near the bottom.....I wish y'all the best of luck, and I hope I don't catch whatever it is y'all got......JD

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    It could be all of you need one or more new nylon roller-wheel's that go on the end of the regulator sliding in the horizontal sash-channels. They get old and crack in half or fall off completly. They are cheap and easy to pop on.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

7. MACK5

MACK5 Registered Member

I had a problem with my passenger side power window going up slowly and needing help. When I bought it the PO gave me a new window motor to replace. When I got in the door panel there are four bolts holding the motor in. Three of these were out causing the motor itself to bind up. Replaced these bolts and has worked fine. You might want to check this on yours. Good luck.

8. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

You don't happen to have the part number for those rollers? I know I need a couple.

Smitty

9. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status