Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power windows?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kustom71, Sep 2, 2004.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Iknow its been said before these windows suck!They are so slow and i cleaned everything i silicone sprayed the tracks it really doesnt help.My Question is has anyone bolted in aftermarket power window setups.If so are they faster,easy to install?????
    Thanx

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

try cleaning all the electrical components. it helped mine some. but they are still slow.

3. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I think N2TRUX on 67-72chevytrucks.com added an A-1? kit in his 77. Sorry I dont have better info

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have to deal with half-ass functioning power windows and power locks myself. I have not done a lot of door work, but I have done enough to know it is a PITA. I would have liked to buy truck without power windows and locks, but that is almost impossible for any thing built after 1985. Sometime in the future I am going to replace all the motors, solenoids, and switches. The motors run about 30$ a piece, and power lock solenoids are about $15 a piece. Master driver side switches are about $35, and the single switches are only about $10 each.

5. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

where can you get the master door switch for $35? i have only seen them for over a hundred bucks at parts stores.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

look in LMC, cheyenne pickup, classic industries.

7. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Check out the HELP section of your local parts store. They have the 2 and 1 window and door lock switches.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yep, that switch is about the most common on the shelf, and $25.

9. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

How about a motor from a corvett or caddy?. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif... On my to-do list, but not a priority. My .01 cents. Good luck!
    Joe

10. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

what's better about a caddy or vette motor? do they bolt right in? i've taken my truck to the shop too many times to get my pw and pl working. just when their warranty on labor runs out, so do my pw and pl. i need something to last!

11. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I just got a new motor for the drivers side from GM and it is as fast as my dad's new dodge truck, the other one is so slow, I am going to replace it also.

12. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

my drivers side pw works fine, passengers side is a combo elctric and manual, ie you have to pull or push on the sob to get it to move, keys dont lock the locks, only drivers side switches will, got rear ended so my rear window is the same deal you gotta pull it up and down by hand, royal PITA, etc etc

13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

If you need new switches and motors I have good ones in my '89. They work really well and I'll sell you everything for about the price of one new motor. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I've also got four other door motors and switch assemblies. I even have three sets (2 in a set) of power locks and switches. Please get rid of some of this stuff for me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you need new switches and motors I have good ones in my '89. They work really well and I'll sell you everything for about the price of one new motor. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I've also got four other door motors and switch assemblies. I even have three sets (2 in a set) of power locks and switches. Please get rid of some of this stuff for me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a full set of switches. How much shipped to 80134. Thanks

Adam

15. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status