Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power windows????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85blazerk5, Feb 3, 2005.

1. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

Has anyone installed the power window kit from LMC? My power ones are screwed royally and I have replaced both motors, wondering if I should go for a total swapout. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. 85blazerk5

no one? Just wondering what all entails.

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I saw that in the catalog. Part#36-0696?

Looks like junk to me.

Mine sucked hard at one time. Took them out and cleaned everything. When I reinstalled then I fitted the regulators to the door, I didn't just bolt them in. A few bends on the tabs to make it fit right. I think redrilled some holes too. With new motors and clean/new guides the stock windows should work great. Slow, but dependable.

Another thing is running new wires. Old wires have more resistance and deliver less power. V=I*R. I ran a new power wire and used the old one to switch a relay to deliver the power from the new wire.

You can do it, takes some time though. If that is the kit you are talking about I bet you would mess with it longer than it would take you to clean up the stock stuff.

I always wondered about swapping in a different motor that turns faster. Ford windows go real fast.

4. 85blazerk5

Thanks, I am no good with wiring, I wouldn't even know where to start with the old stuff, that is why I was thinking about a whole new kit...figured the instructions would help me out alot.

5. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Well, you have to learn at some point. It's real easy, just get a wiring diagram.

-Chris

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Someone has been studying OHM's law. :grin: