Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power windows

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sf_wood, Jun 25, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

I have a 1977 k10 without power windows, i got some clean doors off an 85 k10 w/power windows. I need too know how i can wire these in so they work right.I'm already going to buy a new wiring harness, know of any good one's. Thanks guys.

2. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Wiring harness

Painless wiring has a harness with provisons for power windows, electric fans, and an electric fuel pump. I imagine all you'd have to do is hook it up to 12volts, and run wiring so you can operate the passenger side window from the drivers side. There's no modules or PCM's to fuss with.

3. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

if you have access to the "85 truck, get the cross over harness from it. if you are lucky the new doors will have power door locks and you will need that harness to make them work. the stock harness fro windows and door locks have a relay setup under the dash.

4. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

I don't have access to the 85 truck . If i buy a complete harness from painless will it come with everything i need.

5. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

if you have access to a pic and pull. any power window door lock harness from blazer,truck or sub will work. 80 model to 87 on truck, upto 91 on blazer and sub.

6. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

hey why you are helping him can you help me on the same question i have an 86 k5 with no power but i have access to a 87 sub now how hard is it to get all the junk out of the doors and back into the new ones? i would just swich the doors but mine are brand new and the sub is all dinged up

7. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

ok on the 85 86 blazers there is a seperate wiring harness for power windows. If you already have the 2 harness's for the L/R doors then all you need is the one under the dash. It simpley connects to each door harness then one wire to ignition power and the other to ground. I can send you pics if you need them. You simpley connect it to the AUX plug on your fuse block and a ground clip. All of this you can get at any local junk yard for $20- $40 bucks

Ok now with the suburban same deal except one change. You need a different harness and switch for the drivers door. The suburbans come with a switch and harness for 4 windows.

If anymore questions or you need pics email me at uglyangl@lycos.com

8. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Painless wiring

It should come with everything you need, but you'd have to check with them to see if the door-to-door harness is part of it. They say "Complete" harness, but I'd ask them to be sure.

9. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

how hard is it to remove the guts from the sub's doors and how hard is it to put them back into the blazer?

10. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

doesnt take that long maybe an hour. But dont forget you need to remove the door to drill the holes for the wiring and pop rivet the boot in. Thats the pain in the a$$

11. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I'd go with Painless wiring... just plain easy stuf...and I hate to wire