Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazinHi, Jun 10, 2000.

1. BlazinHi

BlazinHi Registered Member

Hey guys I have a question here. I have done this project on two trucks one P/U and on my Blazer. I took the power doors out of a new model and mounted them on mine. Now I can always get the windows to work, but I can't get the power locks to work. I have tried wiring them every which way but no luck. WEll if any body has an Idea please let me know.

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Can't help with a wiring diagram , my book is for 80-87. But the power goes to the switch, then the three wires go to the solenoid, one ground, one up and one down., if you remove the solenoid , you can test it off the battery to make sure where your wires go. Any more just let me know...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Blazinhi, Eagle and I got crossways on a similar subject earlier, so first off I don't wanna make anybody mad.[​IMG] The doorlock solenoids I get at the salvage yard (stock GM's) just have two wires. You just reverse the polarity to make it lock (down) or unlock (up). What I mean is +12v goes to one wire, say grey, and ground goes to the other, say brown, this will make the solenoid go one way. Change the wires +12v to brown and ground to grey and the lock will go the other way. This takes a DPDT (double pole, double throw) center off, momentary switch. Maybe Eagle can make a drawing for it or if not I'll try. I have been to the "Eagle School of Drawing Attachments" I just haven't tried it yet!!
    Hope this helps!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

OK, Forrest. I will attempt to attach a drawing for the door locks.......here goes!

Well, that bit big ones! Sorry!
    I may have to enroll again! I'll try again on the next post....after that it's up to Eagle!!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

6. BlazinHi

BlazinHi Registered Member

Thanks for the dia I will try it out tommorow.

Blazinhi...Blazinlow...Blaze a trail..Lets GO..