Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suffergauge, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Is there an aftermarket motor that you can buy that is strong enough to actually do it's job? Especially on the back window. I was thinking of swapping out to a 100 amp alternator, but that would only help with the engine on.

Jeff

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Not trying to take Suffergauge's post by any means, but I'd like to hear responses about the passenger side front window too(suburban). I know they sell them because I have LMC and other various catalogs, but I wonder if there is something I can do to the existing motor to make it faster. Just that window is slow. I have to cross my fingers and hope that the window will make it to the top (or to the bottom for that matter). Thanks.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm also intrested. I'd like to convert my manual rear window to power.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

convert the manual rear window to a power rear window is easy, just find a rig with a power window set-up and grab all the parts and put them in yours. you'll just have to run a power wire up front to get to it. pretty simple.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The motors that you have now are 23 years old. You'd be amazed at how much better a new one would work. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I've bought new Delco window motors for side doors for $45 or so.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Somebody here told me once that door motors for a Grand Am (?) were a direct bolt up for our truck doors. The benefit of these motors was that they were both faster and cheaper.

I don't remember who it was but he worked at a glass shop and said they used them a lot. Maybe he, or somebody that's done it, will see this and reply.