Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power with no power???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Geno, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Geno

Geno Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI was changing my distributer yesterday and took the ground off the battery to disconnect the power. When I got the other distributer in, I went to start it , it turned over once and then clicked, I looked and my battery was still disconnected!! I then hooked it up and started the truck, I had interior lights and all while the battery was disconnected. I do have a winch on my truck was wondering if the sylinoid on the winch would store energy or what, anybody have this happen before??

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

it was the chevrolet ghost, when that happens again, get out of the truck and run very fast in the opposite direction flailing your arms in the air yelling like a scared little school girl. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I agree.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Was the cable resting against the battery lug? If so, it might cause this... Other than that, sell it to Ripley's Believe it or Not! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Geno

Geno Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifWhoops! I just figured out what happened, I still had my ground hooked to my winch from the side terminal of the battery!! Hope I didn't ruin my sylinoid on the winch!! No chevy ghost after all, sorry I had to answer my own post!! Just a reminder to check this if you have the same set up as I do. Thanks anyway /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Kind of reminds me of the time I was working in my shop and got my head caught in a vise. I reached over to loosen it up but turned it the wrong way. It just kept getting tighter and tighter...