Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 6_2liter, May 12, 2001.

1. 6_2liter

6_2liter Registered Member

i was wondering if there were a few simple ways to add some power to my stock 6.2 liter.......any hints????? maybe try-y headers or something??????

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

look around or do a search in this forum...I've posted the same question. Also, check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://thedieselpage.com>http://thedieselpage.com</A>

[​IMG]

3. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

Headers would help but not as much as on a gas engine 'cause the 6.2 redlines at 3600 rpm. For a little more money than just headers you could leave the manifolds and get a high flow exaust that'll give you 20 - 30 more horse power. Banks - www.getpower.com - probly has the best high flow intake and exaust. Of course the best mod you can make is a turbocharger if your up for that. Banks has about the only kit worth considering for the 6.2.

4. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

A good high flow dual exhaust with a crossover pipe is the agreed upon best way to go. Worth pleny of power. The aforementioned Banks exhaust is supposed to be pretty good, too. Since the diesel operates at suck low rpm's, a good high flow exhaust is crucial. Actually, headers are a good idea, but I don't know of anybody that makes them for the 6.2. A snorkel and remote mounted airfilter will help with some low end power, but you're on your own there. You'll have to fab up something home grown. I don't know of anybody that makes a cold air setup for the n/a 6.2. Still looking.

5. 6_2liter

6_2liter Registered Member

thanks for the hints guys. ill check out bank's options, and look on the diesel page.

jesse

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Idea for ya...
    On the DieselPage back in 1997...I haven't seen this myself....but its works well...DUAL air filters. You need to build a new air cleaner or fabricate something to close the holes up. Just stack another air filter on top of the other. And second...kill the stock air tubes from the outside. Kill the muffler thats there too!!

http://SK-15.coloradok5.com
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!

7. childs

childs Registered Member

The diesel wants lots of air but also cold air where the molecules are smaller so you can fit more of them in the cylinder at one time. Instead of eliminating the fresh air intake or two filters, add another fresh air intake to the other side of the filter box.

DE k5