Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power

Discussion in 'Audio' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 21, 2000.

Has anyone who uses powerful amps noticed any problems with their alternator? I'm planning on hooking up some crossfire amps with a lightning cap and was wondering if I should look at more powerful alternator?
    thanks.
    ABO

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hey man I recommend doing a double battery system. I have 8 KC lights and 4 12" subs. I have a double battery system that works just great. Well so far. Until I did this, I was going through a number of alternators. Check it out man and see what you can find out. Cya

Alex

2. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I'm pulling between 90-120 amps off of the stock alternator with my stereo. I did notice a problem until I put my capacitor in. I'd recommend the dual battery setup as well. I'm putting one in next week.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Dual Batteries

To install dual batteries, is it mandatory to use some sort of relay? or is it OK to just hook them in parallel ( to , - to -)?

<font color=red>////////
    BLAZER79</font color=red>

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

A high output altinator is always a good idea if your putting a strain on your electrical system and a dual battery or multi- battery if needed.

C'moe

5. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

a capacitor should help handle a good amount of the load, but in the long run, dual batteries and a new alternator would be good. I'm pullin about 160 amps with just one amp and dual yellowtop optima batteries and there is no light dimming at all when bass hits, so i recomend optimas a stiffening cap.

Adam