Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Poweraid and Air Tube

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Feb 14, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Is anyone running one of the poweraid TBI spacers. If so can you feel the difference? Also, i have been looking at the air tube from turbo city. Is there anybody running one of these? If so did you notice any gains? It looks like it would pickup more heat from the exhuast manifolds than just flipping the lid. I know alot of ya'll think the spacer is a waste of money but this was given to me and i have to change my egr anyways so i figured while i'm in there i might as well do this if it is worth it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

<font color=blue>91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5
    If It's a JEEP thing why is your engine and tranny the same as my K5[​IMG]</font color=blue>

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Does anybody run these things? I've found old post but I was wondering if anybody else was running these things.

James

<font color=blue>91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5
    If It's a JEEP thing why is your engine and tranny the same as my K5[​IMG]</font color=blue>

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm not running any TBI spacer. because I didn't want to mess with my TV cable. My 700 shifts great and I dont want to evoke any of murphys laws.
    But I am running a bunch of turbocity's stuff: Air flow enhancer, injector spacer, matched injectors, fuel enhancer. They all work pretty much as claimed (at least for me) They gave a nice boost in power, and I get 18 to 20 mpg on the freeway. The mods work best with a high performance exahust. Increasing the flow at the TBI wont help much if you cant get it out the exhaust pipe.

Beings you are going to tear into the egr you might as well throw on the spacer. Basicly What the spacer does is increase the velocity of the fuel/air mixture at low rpm. This helps build low end torque faster giving better throttle response and faster acceleration. It might help in fuel milage too.
    But I have seen some posts on these boards about people having trouble adjusting the TV cable after they installed the spacer.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Whatever you do don't use the throttle body spacer. I have talked with more than several people who have lost trannies soon after installing the spacer due to not being able to adjust the TV cable. I did just buy the injector spacer and the air flow enhancer from turbo city but haven't yet installed them. I will see what those mods are good for.