Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PowerBuilt Tools?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Dec 20, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a quick question on what you think about this paticular line of tools? If you actually have them let me know what you think. Thanks,

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They are ok tools but not great. They are not Craftsman by any stretch of the imagination. They can work fine if you don't use them heavily or abuse them. If you are hard on tools buy good tools.

I have snapped there 1/2" to 3/8" adapter several times and I have never snaped the same tool from Craftsman.

Harley

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have a powerbuilt floor jack. 3 tons. Never had a lick of problem with them. My wife says they are cheap tools, she oughta know, she manages a pawn shop and gets to see alot of junk come through her doors. I think Powerbuilt is Checker Auto Parts "brand."

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for the info I got to see them for the first time the other day at Pepboys and they offer a Lifetime Guarantee just like craftsman so thats why I was asking. The one's I was looking at were the HotRod edition or some crap like that.