Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PowerMaster (CRAP) Products

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Anyone else have anymore problems with thier products? I have been through 2 high torque mini starters (on a past truck) and now my 2ND 140amp alternator has taken a crap on me and of course it's not under warranty anymore. Just wondering if it's worth having it rebuilt or just going with a different company? I'm not pulling anymore than 2 lights every once in awhile and that's about it. I went that big so I could run a winch and what ever else I needed with out having a problem. All my battery cables are 2 gauge,from the alternator to the optima. Had it checked this morning and it's not quite putting out 12 volts. What are your suggestions on a replacement one that has higher than normal outputs (amps) ?
    Thanks, Jeremy.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

your the first i've heard of with a problem with a Powermaster product.. i've heard nothing but glowing reviews of their products up to this point...

i would think the 140 would do you fine... i'm considering their 200 for mine...

got dual batteries?

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Do a search on here for information about an alternator off of a Pontiac Transport Minivan with rear air conditioning. I put that on my truck and it works great. I would spend the extra money on an AC Delco one, they are much better quality than your regular parts store rebuild. It basically bolted right up, had to make a few small changes to get it to bolt up and had to get a wiring harness for the new one. It really wasn’t that bad. Let me know if you want any more info.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First I've heard of that. I have had two High Torque Mini starters in my pickups (two different trucks) and have never had a lick of trouble (rain, snow, salt, sand, ice, header heat, truck pulling, etc). I was even planning on buying one for my BBC when I swap.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

mean green? :dunno:

j