Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

powersteering pump question HELP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by digity, Feb 25, 2005.

1. digity

digity 1/2 ton status

:mad: Ok, I have a 90Jimmy and I'm swapping out my powersteering pump. I had a really hard time with a rear support bracket that bolts to rear of pump with two bolts. It then bolts to first to bolts of exhaust manifold. Seems to be simply a support bracket. With it being extremely tight behind pump area it was a real pain in the a.. to get to those bolts and the bracket it self is big enough to where pump wnt dropout unless you take those bolts off the bracket. I know a guy with 89jimmy and his dosent have this setup. Just the three bolts in front. Anyone familiar with this and can I get away with not using this pain in the a.. bracket?:mad: :dunno: :yikes:

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

On my 88 it has the two support bolts to the block on the bottom and two(might be 1) more on the top. some of the brackets that come stock aren't necessarily needed.... especially when it comes to ac and power steering. I don't know if you have the two(or one) on the top but if you do it should be fine. Just start it up and get the rpms up to see if it starts to shake or get loose.