Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

powersteering pump squeelin- has fliud- is it shot?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 16, 2002.

hooked up the pump for my hydroboost and filled her up and it squeels and won't hardly turn the tires. at idle it is quiet though. i pulled the pressure lines and fired it up and there is lots of pressure- all over the driveway. is the pump shot or maybe a return line clogged?

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

might need to bleed it a little. Jack the truck up and turn the wheels back and forth a little at a time

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

did u check belt tension? may sound dumb, but it happened to me.

NITRO

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

not sure what is wrong with it but can you take some pics and how much did it run you?

4. newbe73

newbe73 Registered Member

ya i a wit him on this one you should check the belt tension if it is loose this is why you are geting that sound also you shoulcheck all your outher belts if you spray some crc on it and it goes away you know it is the belt

5. yeah, you guys nailed it on the head. stupid me. seems durring one my "hydro" explosions i got fluid on the belt. all is good now. it's always good to miss something simple and feel stupid than to have it be a major failure and cost lots of money!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif thanks all