Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

powertracks lock-rights reviews

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Oct 2, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Looking for some input on Powertracks lock-rights and there No-slip diffs. I know everyone here like Detroit's But I cant get myself to accept the clunking when going around corners.

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I just had the reps. from Powertrax here last week and they did a full demo on these new no-slip units. They have built these so strong that you will most likely break something else in your diff. before you break these. They act just like a limited-slip until you put the right amount of torque into it. I plan on putting one of these in real soon. Plus, you don't have to change out the carrier. Simple install.

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

That is cool. I noticed that it said on the site that the carrier was not included with the purchase. But that may have been for the lock-rights and not the no-slips. I think my spiders may be way worn so I might as well try the no-slips too.

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, then the Lock Right is not for you either, it clunks just like the Detroit. Power Trax and Detroit both have lockers out that are supposed to no make this noise,(have not seen them in person to know) The No-Slip from Powertrax and the Gearless from Track Tech.

I have a rear Detroit and a front Lock Right, love em both and have no complaints.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

5. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

6. ish

ish Newbie

i am interested in a front locker and was looking at the powertrax and detroit easylocker which would you suggest