Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Powertrax No-Slip Diff Opinion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody. I am looking for some opinions on the new Powertrax No-Slip Diff. I have read the drivetrain.com and drivetraindirect.com pages and just wondered if anyone had objective opinions about them. There was a short thread about it a while ago, just wanted to see if there was anything new. Thanks [​IMG]

<font color=blue>"It's just a differentialator....Totally unnecessary" [​IMG]</font color=blue>

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think this thing was designed by the same guy that designed the Lock-Rite. Lock-Rite's don't have a reputation for holding up under abuse. A buddy of mine has an old CJ7 with the stock 258, 5-speed and 31-inch tires. His Lock-Rite was the noisiest thing I've ever heard! LOTS of popping and banging from under the Jeep. It finally screwed up to the point that sometimes one side won't unlock when going around corners at all. He's having a Detroit Locker put in it this time.... [​IMG]

The lack of slop in the new Powertrax is a neat concept. But I think I'd let others be the first to own one. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

3. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Well, someone has to be the first. [​IMG]

Drivetraindirect.com said the unit worked great and they're up past 1500 miles on it, so it'll at least get me that far [​IMG].

I really want a soft locker and the Powertrax seems much better than the Truetrax (Detroit) version at this point. Drivetraindirect.com seemed to have all kinds of problems with the Truetrax one.

Wish me luck!!!!

<font color=blue>"It's just a differentialator....Totally unnecessary" [​IMG]</font color=blue>