Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Powertrax

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by orangeGMC, Jul 8, 2005.

1. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

How do you guys feel about Powertrax units? Does anybody have one that could give an opinion first hand?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

yup. Had them on my Blazer for about a year (front and rear), did fine, even broke a 44 shaft, and the locker held... Swapped the D44/ 12B from the Blazer to my K10, been street driving/ light trail rides for 3 years now. No issues. BTW- 35" tires. HTH

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have the Lockright in my front axle. It is a 10 bolt. I wheeled the hell out of it with 35" tires and it never missed a beat. Works great an has held up just fine for me. A fair number of the guys I used to run with in AZ ran a lockright in one or both axles and only 1 ever had a problem that I know of.

Baddog broke a D60 lockright with his truggy and 42" tires.

Harley

4. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I Have one in the front right now. Ive broke a U joint with it and screwed up the axle at the same time, but since I put new axles in about two years ago it's been good. I,ve had one in the rear and I hated it. It was two slow to release and I broke a 10 bolt axle driving down the road. I say good n the front but go with a Detroit or an air locker in the rear. I love my Detrioit.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

My D60 lockright is holding fine. Fred has one in his front end and killed two shafts last year without a problem. I am not worried about pushing the 4d's on mine

6. nmaggie99

nmaggie99 Registered Member

Have one in my '02 2500 Cummins 4x4 D70..... Great!!!! Haven't done any off-road stuff, but great traction. Easy to install (less that 2hrs), also best way to go from open-diff, cost wise.
    Not, I repeat, NOT fun with tires that have no bite on ice!!!!! Dirt, pavement, mud, and powder snow Great...

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My 12blt rear is doing just fine!

8. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is the search feature broken?