Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

powertrax

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Nov 8, 2002.

anyone have one of these or the Truetrac version? Just wondering about the durability. Thanks for any info.

1. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Ive been running the powertrax no-slip for about a year now with no proublems. I just opened up the rear diff and found a twisted axle spline but the locker looks like new.
    btw. are you located at fort lost in the woods (fort leonard wood)

2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I see in your BIO that you have a 14 bff, if you really wheel your burb I would get the detroit locker instead, I think for the 14 bff it is cheaper and stronger than the powertrax. If you don't wheel it hard the Powertrax might be a little more user friendly.

3. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

I've got one in my D44....works excellent!!!! Durability hasn't been an issue. I've got 4.56's, 36'' swamper SX, and a detroit in the 14bff and I wheel the piss out of my truck. The previous owner of this axle even busted axleshafts with no harm to the truetrac. The only thing I'd upgrade it too would be an ARB.

lates-

Nate

4. Sluggo-

Yep i'm at stationed at FLW, but right now im still in Afghanistan. I hope to be home within a few weeks though.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There's some confusion here... Powertrax only makes drop-in lockers. The No-Slip and the Lock-Right. You can check out there stuff at http://www.powertrax.com/ .

Tractech, the makers of the infamous Detroit Locker, makes the Truetrac. You can check it out here: http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm#true

They're totally different in their operation and behavior. Do you want a full locker or a limited slip?