Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

POWERWASHING MOTOR

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **b**, Apr 20, 2000.

1. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Planning to power wash my engine compartment this weekend. I have done this On previous vehicles I have owned.

But not in the K5 Kave

Cover the cap w/ plastic bag.
    Using “Foamy Engine Bright” by GUNK ….
    Just curious how you guys have made out.
    Hose her down while the engine is still running?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have done this several times and I will remove the air cleaner and put a plastic bag over the carb and seal it down with a large rubber band. I allways do this with the motor cold and NOT running.
    Spray on the foamy gunk, one can on the engine and one can everywere else on the drive train! then by the time I get the hose out and ready to go I just squirt it all off!Next I will take a towel and dry off the intake manafold(allways puddles up there) remove the bag and VARUMMM fire it up!
    Drive it down the Hwy couple miles.......works everytime!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Like Burt says, make sure the motor is cool. As long as you cover up your distributor and carb, it should fire back up easily. If the motor is hot, you run the risk of having something crack or split. A friend of mine had a vaccuum line split once when he washed his hot motor down, and had a bitch of a time trying to find the leak.

4. BAMA74K5

BAMA74K5 Registered Member

If your pressure washer is equiped with a heater then you can pressure wash the engine while it is still hot or running. If not equiped with heater, it is best to clean it cold.