Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Practicing before getting to adventerous

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by fred2mihi, Jan 1, 2006.

1. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Colorado Crew
    I plan to get to know that blue thing better before I get to carried away! We don't have much snow at this elevation so I can go out and run around on some of the FS roads. As per Scott's wifes instruction I need to practice, practice! We have already figured out that I'm not very good in deep snow:doah: :D! A full size is certainly different than the S-10 I used to go out in. John, Scott and I were talking about doing China Wall early this spring. I wonder if there might be too much snow on the north and west sides of Sluaghter House. It was kind of iciy on the side last spring when we were over there. The mud hole was alot of fun for those driving, for b-to-c and me it wasn't as fun. Hopefully no more standing on the sidelines for me! Let me close this by wishing everyone a PROSPEROUS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hopefully we will see everyone on the trails sooner or later, per the guy from dogmont it will probably be later!!!!!

fred2mihi

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

fred i cant remeber if you were with scott when he was down here in gj but your welcome to come and we can the snake its a easy way to learn you truck its were i learned

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Count me in on a run like this. I have lots to learn on the jimmy and I will try and fight the teenage urge of take a quick look at the trail from the driver's seat and say aw hell I can do that!

4. fred2mihi

Oh yeah, I played in the mud that day, pretty nerve wracking when ones not to sure if all of a sudden your going to slide down one of those fins and into a gulley. I would like to run out there when it was dry! I especially enjoyed crawling the gullies. Did you see the post of us playing in the snow? yesterday? If I can figure out a way to haul the "blue thing" out there we could do something in early March. I'm not sure I could handle the howling tires and straight exhaust going that far! Ear Plugs maybe. Ha Ha I can just see my Mrs. putting in earplugs to go to GJ. By trhe way Scott and the front range guys are tenatively planning a run on Slaughter House Gulch in late February, come on over if you can. Maybe by the "Jiminy no go Cricket" and firefighter184 will have their trucks up and going, plus a few other front rangers and we could have a crowd of k5!!

fred2mihi

5. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

sounds good but im just hoping between the 2 i have that i can have one going for ejs

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Fred, Bo and I are throwing the motor in this weekend, and hoping to do Slaughterhouse on the 21st or 28th. My friend Jon said there is NO snow up there right now. If you ask me, that is the BEST trail ti learn on. Got a couple of challenging parts, but I ran it all the tie in my stock Blazer. Hopefully we'll be able to make a run! Now you will see the power of the almighty Punisher!

7. fred2mihi

Oh yeah what does it punish, the garage floor? More later got to go accomplish something before the Mrs's gets home

fred2mihi

8. firefighter184

It has recently been punishing my wallet, my driveway and Bo's brain. :doah:

9. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Well, that isn't too tough

10. fred2mihi

:eek1: :eek1: I just found ocifer KT in another thread, tell me the other statement was just a rumor. Is he here, alive, and well, lets hope so!!!!:haha: :haha:

fred2mihi

11. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

So true:crazy:

12. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Hey John dont you mean the power of the DONKY PUNCHER???????

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Woof-Woof.

Boy, you been trash talkin behind my back again???????? One day Alice, one day.

To The Moon.

Besides, me & John are the greatest web wheelers that ever graced the pages of this Godforsaken place. :p:

14. fred2mihi

:D

fred2mihi

15. firefighter184

Ummmm, yes? I was kinda hoping that if I drove close behind you that people would think some of that power was coming from my ride...:D