Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pray for my Friends **Update**(not what we hoped for)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skratch, Feb 1, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure how many of you have ever had to deal with Childrens services, but it is a nightmare that I would never wish upon my worst enemy. Having said that, I hope you guys would pray for some friends of mine from Church.

Several months ago (only three weeks after having their baby) Childrens services took custody of our friends child away. The baby had been born with a condition that makes her bones very weak. And unfortunatly the babies legs had both been broken somehow at home. The parents being good responsible and loving folks, took their child to the ER because she wouldn't stop crying and was very sensitive when you touched her legs. The hosptial did what they had to and reported the incident, but they reported it as child abuse even given the babys medical condition. Well the state steped in and acused the father of beating the child. I know this guy from Church and he's a pretty good friend, and I don't believe for a minute that he would ever do something like this.

The family has been fighting with the state ever since trying to get their daughter back. They have complied with every request of the court and Childrens services. Unfortunatly the Court has said that the father cannot be around the child if the mother regains custody, almost as if the state through Children and Family services is trying to force them to divorce. There is no chance that they will get divorced over this and the mother believes that her husband is innocent as well. She has said that she couldn't have come this far without the support of her husband, and wouldn't be able to make it without him now either.

Coming to the point, they have a hearing this Thursday to determine if the mother can be given custody of her daughter back. I'm praying that they will get her back and be able to somehow move on with their lives, and I'm asking if you guys could ask the Man upstairs to help them out and restore this famliy.

We've become really close to these folks over the past several months since my wife and I are the only ones at our Church to have ever gone through this before. We lost custody of our oldest when he fell from a second story balcony and cracked his skull. After being accused of unthinkable acts we finally beat the system and got Mikey back, 8 years later it still hurts like heck to talk about it, but our friends need all the prayers they can get.

Thanks guys,
    Mike

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Pray for my Friends

Good luck man.

I hate it when other people think they know better than you how to run your lives and make you guilty untill proven innocent. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

It should be up to them to prove that you are guilty before they can remove a child from its home. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

wow.. this is a horrible story and event for anyone to have to go through, best of luck to the family to recover from this terrible ordeal and best wishes to them, and to you and your family for being so supportive

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'll pray for your friends.

This really ticks me off, though, the state interfering with what's already got to be a challenging start to childhood/child rearing.

Those SOB's at "Child Protective Services" (or in your state I guess Family Services) always seem to either have a vendetta, or don't give a shivet at all. Like the individual case workers either lose focus and want to be the best at thier job (by way of convictions, etc), or they're so overloaded they look for excuses to look the other way.

I've seen cases where a child should be taken away and the mother locked up (abuse ain't always as clear cut as a bruise), but the state falls for the mother's con and does nothing, so to hear about two parents that obviously love each other and thier kid losing them is pretty disturbing.

5. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

That is so sad. I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'll keep them in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

courts always favor mothers, some reason in court a father is good as convicted before they are accused of anything. I see the need for removing a kid right away sometimes but removing custody at the sametime is quite another thing. Take the kid, probe into it, prove quilt then take custody. I will hope for your friends.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

there did it,i'll nave my wife pray when she gets home.i couldn't even imagine what they are feeling. if someone tried to hurt my little boy they will find out what a helicopter ride to the burn center is like. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I wanted to update everyone on the case since court was today, this is the letter our pastor emailed out to everyone tonight:

[ QUOTE ]
    Dear friends,

Since I requested your prayers on behalf of Emily Volheim, I thought I should pass on to you the results of today's hearing.

Emily was not returned to the care of Danielle; and the case was scheduled for review in 30 days.

Danielle and Andre were broken-hearted, and Danielle told me she is beginning to wonder why God seems not to be working things out. She has done all that has been required of her by the court, and yet the court did not move forward with reunification. Like any other trying experience, this one is turning out to be a test of faith.

What is standing in the way of reunification? The court seems to be hung up on the issue of "protection." Since Danielle has not taken a strong stand against Andre--such as divorcing him or severing all relations--the court seems to think Danielle could not or would not provide Emily with necessary protection. So--bottom line--Danielle is being penalized for having the faith and courage to forgive and continue to love and stand by her husband. At the same time, the court cannot require Danielle to divorce Andre, nor can it keep Emily from Danielle indefinitely when Danielle has fulfilled her parts of the reunification plan.

So I hope you have compassion for the frustration, disappointment, and grief the Volheims are experiencing, and I hope you will keep them in your prayers and continue to show them your love and support. In the darkest times, God's love is felt most strongly through the love of God's people. May God give them wisdom, patience, and confidence that he will not desert them but will finally bring their whole family together again. And may we all cling to and claim his promise: "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:3).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please continue to pray for them /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I wanted to update everyone on the case since court was today, this is the letter our pastor emailed out to everyone tonight:

[ QUOTE ]
    Since Danielle has not taken a strong stand against Andre--such as divorcing him or severing all relations--the court seems to think Danielle could not or would not provide Emily with necessary protection. So--bottom line--Danielle is being penalized for having the faith and courage to forgive and continue to love and stand by her husband.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would she need to forgive him?? He acts like Andre DID do something wrong?

I'll keep them in my prayers.

10. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

I'm so sorry. That's very sad. I hope it all works out for them.

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Man, that's really sad...it's times like these where it's difficult not to take the law into your own hands... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Since Danielle has not taken a strong stand against Andre--such as divorcing him or severing all relations--the court seems to think Danielle could not or would not provide Emily with necessary protection. So--bottom line--Danielle is being penalized for having the faith and courage to forgive and continue to love and stand by her husband.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would she need to forgive him?? He acts like Andre DID do something wrong?

I'll keep them in my prayers.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i was thinking the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

this is a classic case of one bad apple screwing it up for the rest of us.there are so many idiot parents out there that forsake thier kids for there own selfishness.here in detroit it happens weekly,one lady left her kids in the car on a 92 degree day for three hours while she had her hair done. both the three year old and the eight month old died.another lady left her boyfriends house after an arguement,she went to the bus stop a 1/2 mile away,realized she forgot her shoes so she had a stanger hold the baby tuntil she got back.needless to say the guy was gone with the child and the cops found her dead (beaten) in an abandonded house a few days later. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifthen there is a customer of mine(anyone from south east michigan might remember) after the babys christening they had a party at thier house.well to many adult beverages were consumed and momma took a nap on the couch with the baby while dad went upstairs to bed. thier seven month old dog bit the baby foot off.the media had a field day for months. all the had to do was quit drinking and get counseling to get her back. but they didn't so they lost her WTF?? they just had another kid instead. so people like that make the rest of use live under scrutiny.the social workers are loaded down so they error on the side of saftey. what a rotten world huh? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif