Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prayer request for neighbor!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

My neighbor, Eli, was in a terrible car accident Monday. He was hit head on. It was a 3 car wreck, not his fault. He is in critical condition, not having feeling from the neck down.

Eli is a wonderful neighbor, 31 yrs. old, cool, helpful, never a nuisance. Has a 6 week old baby. The Doctors are optimistic, he is improving.

Thanks guys.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Prayers said.....................take him a smile for me.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'll remember him in prayer, too.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Done. Be sure to wish him all of our best.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Done.. In the name of Jesus.

T

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

That's terrible :(

I hope he pulls through. Prayer's said

Mike

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Done he will be in my prayers also

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

prayers added...

Man--my prayer list is getting longer than I'd like it too!--A LOT of people are in need of it this month!..My prayers are added to yours,hope your neighbor fully recovers..that 6 week old kid will be the thing that will keep him fighting!..I wish him the best!.. :crazy:

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Done.

10. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i'm not much of a prayer myself. but i have been finding myself doing alot of it in the past week. so i will do my best and pray for him also

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i pray for you alot. are you doing better? and i prayed for ELI, BERN. in JESUS name amen! :D

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Done ! been alot of this lately :eek1:

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

A friend of mine, before I knew her, had a pretty bad accident herself. The doctors were 100% sure she would never walk, talk, or be able to take care of herself again. Now, just 2 years later, she's walking, talking (though slowly and kinda slurred, but it's understandible), and living in an apartment a few hundred miles from her family... Religious family, so lots of praying going on I'm sure. If that's not proof of what praying can do, I don't know what the heck is.

He's got one coming from me. Tell him to just keep going, if not for him then for his child and wife...

14. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

will be in my prayers as well

15. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Update 22 Aug 05

Thanks so much for your concern and prayers guys, from the bottom of my heart.

The Doctors performed surgery on Eli's neck, and said the operation went well. He is on a bed that rotates around 360 degrees, I am told. Until they lift him out of it, we do not know his exact condition. He is lifting his left arm to extend it to his wife, Jess. That is a very good sign!!

His family is very optimistic, and I will keep all you posted. Keep praying!

OK, here's what happened to Eli.

He was leaving Costco, planning to load his motorhome and boat to go camping to celebrate their anniversary. He got a call to service an electric door in Moorpark. He was supposedly done for the day, but, went enroute to the store.

He was driving the Co. Van westbound. A minivan was in the left turn out lane ahead of him, facing eastbound. A lady rearended the east bound minivan, killed the 2 adults and five children in the van, launched the van, I am told, in the air and it landed on Eli traveling west, head on. He hardly had a scratch, but crushed vertabrae in his neck. They airlifted him to Los Robles Regional Medical Center in nearby Thousand Oaks. The lady who caused it all was treated and released.

Eli is very well liked , loved, and an all around cool guy. He adopted his younger sister when his parents died. She is about 13, babysits our kids. He has built a couple of 383's in his garage, he is one of us.

Lord, we lift up Eli to you in the name of Jesus, and ask for your healing touch upon his body. Comfort him and his loved ones in their time of need. I pray for a good report of his imminent healing. I pray the precious blood of Jesus over Eli and ask for a complete recovery in the name of Jesus. Bless the Doctors and staff with divine knowledge and an understanding of how to best use their knowledge to help Eli. Comfort him and Jess, keep fear and dread far from their minds and spirits, and pour out your mercy upon them. Fill their hearts and minds with faith, hope, and optimism. We have an open door to Heaven in You Father, so I pray you pour your Holy Spirit out on Eli, Jess, the baby and Harley, his sister. All things are possible through Jesus Christ. We believe and thank you in advance for the good report of his recovery. In Jesus' name we pray, and agree. For where two or more are gathered in your name, you are with us. Amen.

Again guys, thanks.

We are also praying for the friends and family of the family that was instantly killed, and the driver who caused it. A tragedy beyond description.