Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pre-bent cage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUB-ZERO, Jul 8, 2005.

1. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Has anyone on here installed a purchased pre-bent cage in a K5?If so which one is best?I have seen on here where people have bought one's from Summit,Jegs,and Smittybuilt but no real feedback.At least not that I'm finding.

2. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

To add on to that question, do you tie the cage into the frame or not. On another forum that I read it seems to be split 50/50. Some say if you tie it into an unboxed frame you will crack the frame. ??? :thinking:

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

There are plenty of posts that discuss how to install a cage. There are pros and cons for both methods, I recommend doing a search and reading the other threads.

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

In my opinion unless you are racing at high speeds I would not recommend tying it into the frame. If you are doing some basic off roading I don't feel there is a need to tie it into the frame. Like you said earlier this is split 50/50. Smittybuilt used to make them I wasn't able to find one on their web site. :D