Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pre-K-5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Sep 5, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just came across the photo while researching other stuff.

These are my parts trucks now. The one on the right I thrashed for 12 years before swapping the lift kit and stuff to the other one. Both are '82's. Gonna cut the one with the roll bar in half for a trailer soon. O, the possibilities!!! ;)

[​IMG]

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

both look a little good for cutting up. I know you just said the one on the right but i guess it is still alot of spare cab parts for you.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A girl with 3 weeks driving experience pulled out in front of the right one. They fixed the body well, but the frame is still bent pretty bad on the drivers side. Didn't really notice until I pulled the engine and had a real PITA getting out of the warped motor mounts. Ever happens again and I'm gonna make sure it's right or totaled one or the other! The left one, I locked up the brakes to avoid a car that pulled out and went down an embankment and dented the cab around the door. Still, plenty of options on building something outa the parts. Oh yea, wife crashed the '86 K-5 so I have it for parts too.

Wife's wreck results.

[​IMG]