Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pre-rocker,mudder,runner and 4wd too

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Nov 18, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so i have made up my mind i need to get rid of some of these projects and get me a fairly clean 1/2t short bed pickup. i got some of the drive train i want D60 14bff np203 np205. i havent desided what trans i want either a built 700r4 or a nv4500. dont realy know how to set up the suspention either. but i do know i want the fiberglass prerunner fenders and bedsides that convert it to the 88-98 style. and to run about 38" tires. the wheeling i do doesnt cause much damage to the body, so i can get away with the extra width. and with utah laws the extra tire coverage will help with the POPO's. so someone buy my stuff, or trade me for a clean 1/2t short bed lol. now that i have typed all that it sounds like im just rambling on.

balzer

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

you were rambling on, grammar son, grammar... anyways, coilovers, soft big springs and heavy shocks... 4 linked front, but a doubler eliminates the point of a lightweight rockcrawler prerunner etc... so go atlas and 700r4... fuel injected ls1/4l60e/atlas... ditch that 14bff and go 9", lighter and strong enough for what you will do to it...

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

seams every post i get rode about my grammar, guess i shoulda payed attention in school. it will mostly be for rocks and mud, so light weight isnt that important. i am aiming more towards custom national spring and king or fox remote rez shocks. soft enough to flex and soak up fireroads.

balzer