Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pre runner springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rocnwilly, Jun 12, 2002.

1. rocnwilly

rocnwilly 1/2 ton status

does anyone know the difference between the Blazer or Suburban pre runner springs and regular springs. I was checking gorancho.com and they list a 86210 as a prerunner spring and they list a 86209. which flexes better and do you ahev any problems with them sagging. i'm looking at installing them on a 59 willys wagon.
    TIA for any info and help.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

rocnwilly,

I run the Rancho "Pre Runner" springs up front. I use the 2.5" springs, but along w/ my buggy leaf - it winds up being about 4" lift.

These are the best front springs I've had. I've experimented w/ Superlift (soft), Skyjacker (soft), and Pro Comp (uuugh!), and these flex the best and seem to have held up well. The only problem I had is that I had to get new U-bolts and adjust my high-steer arms to clear the 9 leaf pack.

But for flex - I definitely recommend them!

Marv

3. rocnwilly

rocnwilly 1/2 ton status

thanks Marv
    do u have any experiences with waggy springs 44044? i was looking to use them in the front because of the offset will allow them to fit easier than the pre runner springs. i'm moving the axle forward 1-2" for the shackle reversal. which would you recommend for the rear Rancho prerunner springs or the ford f-150 57" springs? if you recommend the ford f-150 springs would u use the Rancho or stock springs? i'm installing these on my Willys wagon. i'm running spring over on my wagon and plan to run 37" tires
    thanks for your help and advice,
    Mike

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Mike,

I have never used the waggy springs... so I can't comment.

For the rear, the F-150 springs are hard to beat for flex and cost. Most any wrecking yard has a couple of F-150's in it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ... I'd use them just cuz they're cheaper, and really soft - so you could "dial in" the ride and height by adding leaves. Only thing I DON'T recommend it to mix these springs w/blocks - cuz I'm sure some axle wrap would result...

Marv

5. rocnwilly

rocnwilly 1/2 ton status

Marv,
    what do u use for additional springs to get the proper ride height as u suggest?