Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Precision U" joints

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudjunkie 82, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG] I've heard a lot of folks say these U"joints are junk but after yesterday I can say that they are not junk. I was hitting it hard in a creek bed that is shale and deep mud. I broke both ears off a 35 spline 4340 stub shaft and one off the inner shaft of my Dana 60 and no damage to the U" joint.........

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The D60 shaft joint?

Pics please. A true cromo ear should break even an 806 body.

3. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

I hadn't heard that they were junk, and I've been running them on my D44 with 44's with very few problems, usually the axle breaks first. Gonna have to upgrade soon though, I'm about out of stock spares. Of course keep in mind that I sell them where I work ...

4. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

These ujoints were all I could get my hands on locally. So I put 2 brand new ones in. I had not had a single issue with breaking the 30 year old stock spicer ones. Just thought that it would be a good idea to get new ones in there.
    Day one.
    [​IMG]
    Day two.
    [​IMG]
    So needless to say, they didnt even last a single trip. I replaced the first one with a old unit I had. It held up over the new one. I will never run one of these in my wheeling rig again. The 60 is getting spicers.