Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prediction

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Sep 27, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Wierd thing is I have been sensing we are overdue for an earthquake in So - Cal.

mtnman210 lives in the San Fernando Valley, and probably recalls the Northridge quake vividly.

I've mentioned it to some friends, and they say they were thinking the same thing. Probably because our hearts have been heavy for our friends in the wake of the Hurricanes, all the TV images.

Nevertheless, I think one will hit us by Halloween. Either that or a tsunami.

On another note, I remember back in the militia days of the mid-nineties, guys being paronoid that FEMA has all these powers via executive orders. What a joke. They need some to rescue FEMA from themselves. I heard today Fire Fighters from Indiana rushed to LA. after Katrina to help rescue. They had to go thru a FEMA mandated 8 hour class of "Sexual Harrassment Prevention" and "Diversity Training" first. That is sickening!!

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ive been sensing some weird **** is comming as whell, as well as my wife, and ,,all of the people on a dailt basis :crazy: ,,they say its the end soon. :crazy:

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've never experienced an earthquake, and hope I never do. That's gotta be disturbing, knowing the ground anywhere you can see or go is completely unstable.
    New York is overdue they say, too. One historic building that my company has a lot of real estate in was analyzed recently. They determined that if a small quake hit NYC, this building would fall over or disintegrate. To speak bluntly, it would be much better for it to disintegrate than fall over and kill everyone in it and the buildings it falls on.

I just saw in the news last night that a caravan of NYPD were stopped and harassed by VA state troopers on their way to LA. People miss the point sometimes (although, NYPD are generally great people, they can be like a college fraternity, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they were breaking the law).

I think for FEMA to require that training, it shows they almost have their eye on the ball, but only on the ball, not where they're running to catch it...

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Oddly enough my wife was just saying that very thing 2 night back. 3/4 of her family lives in the SF area and she said she had a weird feeling about it.

5. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i talk to people from the hurricane everyday at work, most of them say "atleast we dont have earthquakes" they like knowing they can run away from hurricanes. i remeber the northridge quake, i woke up and my bed was hopping across the room

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You know, I would still rather have an earthquake than floods, hurricans and tornados.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No kidding. I think it's funny how everyone back east is scared to death of earthquakes :haha: How many people in the last 100 years have died as a result of an earthquake in the US. Now compare that to the number of people in the last 100 years who have died as a result of a hurricane or a tornado in the US. I think I proved My point.

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I'm in the SF Valley as well - the freeway that collapsed was not far from me. My immediate neighborhood sits on bedrock tho and so not much happens here, even during big quakes *knocks on wood*

I think we're about due too. Been 10 years since Northridge. We had a big one 7-8 years before Northridge too. I started strapping things down a while ago. I didn't think we'd get through summer without one. Of course I thought the housing bubble would have burst by now tho too. (Greenspan actually wrote his concerns in a white paper just released BTW, so I guess I was just a few years off)

I think most who live here tend to have emergency stuff. We've always been told not to expect help for 3 days. Not as difficult to do that when we're dealing with rubble and don't need a boat to get around. Just guns and K5s :D

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They should make the FEMA wanks go through a course on putting out dengerous fires and putting your a$$ on the line for thankless people. I suggest on the job training.

Maybe earthquakes over tornados, but you have advance warning before most floods and all hurricanes. I like the fact that I can get my family out in advance even if they are a PITA to watch and wonder about for a week.

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Having never experienced a hurricane or a tornado I'd still have to agree. As to no warning, you do get some if you're aware of your surroundings. Watch the animals, they'll tell you one is coming. Dogs are really good about this.
    Houses in my neighborhood are selling for almost double what I paid 3 years ago. It can't last.
    Dang it! When IS that next gun show? I need more ammo....

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

isnt that one of cali 4 seasons?

fire

flood

drought

and earth quake?

12. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm right in northridge and about 2-3 miles from where they considered the epicenter of the northridge quake. Personally I think we have 7-8 more years before we get another one like the '94. That seems like there has been about a 15-20 year gap between the BIG quakes. After seeing all the current events I'll take a quake over a hurricane, tornado, or flood anyday.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

lets hope your wrong BERN.and to all that think it's the end of the world!! if you accepted JESUS into your heart thats a GOOD thing. :waytogo:

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I've been wondering when the "end" will be here, all signs point toward soon but as of yet no second coming, just lots of wars, and rumors of wars famine and pestilence. not to mention all the debotchery going on in the world. :confused:

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

millions have predicted THE END.if it is, it will get alot uglier.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think every generation has probably thought the end would be in their lifetime. If you think about it, all the natural world signs that we have today have always been around. Besides, all these things must come to pass...

I, personally, think the state of modern communication has accelerated moral decay more in the last few years than ever before. Where cities used to be the center of and radiate decadence (I.E. Rome), now there is no geographical limitation. If the pace continues, whether you acknowledge God or not, humanity doesn't have much longer in life as we know it.

If you're biblical minded, the end could come at any time. While it's fascinating to think about, the bible also says not to worry about it, but always be prepared for it, it will occur completely unexpected.

17. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I think we're all gonna die...

Some day or another... does that count as a prediction?

18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Hank says so....

"I ain't gonna worry wrinkles in my brow"
    "Cuz life ain't never gonna be alright no how"
    "No matter how I struggle and strive"
    "I ain't getting out of this world alive"...

Hank Williams Sr... :D

Kasey Chambers has a song called "We're All Gonna Die Some Day"..one line goes...

"Katie got stoned cuz she couldn't get boned"
    "And we're all gonna die someday"... :haha:

I think the end is coming..maybe tommorrow,maybe 20 years from now,maybe 50...might be in our lifetimes,maybe not...not knowing when is the parts that sucks...so why worry about it??.. :rolleyes: -- live each day like the gift it is,and enjoy,while you still can... :crazy:

19. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I only said I sensed an earthquake was coming next month...did'nt think this would lead to end of the world discussion! :haha: :haha:

Life is great, and God is good all the time.

Fear not, enjoy life, and sign up for a handgun class and learn to shoot! :D

20. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Those L.A. gun shows are getting scarce.

And in other news there are some pretty cool tactical shotgun classes offered in Nevada