Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prep Work....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jan 22, 2001.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me if I have to prime the oil system in my new GM Good Wrench Engine prior to firing it up for the first time? From what I can tell, this new engine has some oil in the lifter vally. Also I'm assuming that the rocker arms are adjusted at the factory due to the fact that the new engine came with the valve covers installed and sealed. Does anyone know what needs to be done with these new GM Good Wrench engines prior to turning the key for the first time? Thanks.....Det45

One Fine 89.....

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i would just call the service dept at the local GM dealer to be sure....that way you know, and wont have to live with your self if you guess wrong!!! that would suck!!

AIRBORNE!!

3. northgate

northgate Registered Member

The Goodwrench engine are pre-run before being shipped, but it woldn't be a bad idea to prime it anyway. The warranties on these engines are good, but if upon inspection of a failure they determine that the engine was run without oil pressure, they may not waranty it and then your'e SOL.