Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Prepare to be pissed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by will89, Jan 15, 2003.

1. will89

will89 1/2 ton status

First I came across SF Chronicle Article on the profiling of SUV drivers. I was't thrilled but some of it is true. What really pissed me off is the web link further down in the article to Detroit Project . DP is the new Anti SUV group with a twist: "Driving an SUVs= Funding terrorism." What a [censored] witch hunt. The people that are getting 25 mpg are still sending money to the same place. When you watch the "George" commercial you gotta wonder if a Chevron or Mobil is behind this in an effort to do a little preventive political maintence- you know, point the finger first.... Its ultimatley the oil execs are the ones who decide which country to buy the oil from...hmmmmm

I wanna drive my Suburban right up Arianna Huffington's ass. Sorry I shoulda put this in the policital column

89 Sub 12.6MPG

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I read the SF Chronicle article. I find it funny that he states that beautiful women roll their eyes when seeing H2s. Well, here in sunny So Cal, LOTS of pretty women drive them (H2s), and lots more that I know are planning to buy them. Driving an SUV is funding terrorism is a pretty hilarious accusation...I think that the liberal left does more to fund terrorism than anyone else...but that is another debate!

ken
    88 crewcab dually 4x4 454 - 6 MPG
    77 Suburban 4x4 454 - 9 MPG
    60 GMC Suburban 4x4 454 - 10 MPG
    78 Jeep CJ5 401 - 9 MPG
    83 Jeep CJ7 401 - 9 MPG

3. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

if driving an SUV is supporting terrorism, then i fully support it with the ORIGINAL SUV - the K5! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif the most off road those new yuppie ass glorified cars will ever see is when they back into the flower bed

4. st08x

st08x Registered Member

i think the stupid witch that thought that dumb idea up drive a freaking hybrid car.

my K-5

5. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

To that note I'm spreading a new phrase: Instead of SUV, I call them SUCs = sport utility cars = SUCKS!
    spread it

6. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

"My SUV can drive clean over your piece of crap, and i only have the same amout as your down payment invested"

7. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Ya, that's a crock-O-S! Instead of jumping into a pointless 'witch-hunt', they should point out which Fuel providers (Shell to name one) are supplied their recources/crude through OPEC. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The jerks are getting together and "Tagging" 4x4s ans SUVs with bumper stickers like these:
    [​IMG]

Heres more. Note the instructions at the bottom of the page:
    idontcareaboutair.com

Go to their forums and tell em off
    i dont care forums
    There is already a bunch of us there "giving them the business" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif join the fun maby we can crash their server.

9. etr

etr Registered Member

I wouldn't get too worked over this SUV/terrorism thing. Hey it probably takes more energy to *build* a hybrid, than I'll use in the *life-time* of my K5. Some people just have way too much spare time. The reality is that fast or slow, all available oil resources will be consumed. So, why not have some fun along the way?

10. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

WELL why dont we come up with a bumper sticker also. Not that we will put on other peoples cars or trucks cause that just insnt a good thing to do but that we can put on our truck that will piss other people off! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

personally i like this one, anyone wanna get a group order going!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

12. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

This is the e-mail I wrote:

You drive a car don't you? Does it comsume gasoline, diesel fuel, gear lube, chassis grease, or wheel bearing grease? Do you ever use Vaseline or Vick's Vapo-rub? Guess what..YOU'RE SUPPORTING TERRORISM! All those products contain petroleum...think before you say something this ignorant...everyone, apparently, supports terrorism...even if you ride a bike because it requires grease. You ride the bus, you suppoort terrorism, you take a plane, you support terrorism. You turn on a light in your house, that power requires oil to be made, you're supporting terrorism.
    I drive a lifted Suburban and I get 9 MPG. Can a hybrid car carry 6 Ranch workers with tools to dig a ditch and drive through freshly plowed fields with mud 2 feet deep? No, so my vehicle is correct for my usage.
    You say it's not pointed to me, the people who need these vehicles, well, I don't see an asterisk saying (* except people who really need them)
    Carpooling...one Suburban carries 7 people (besides driver)...3 Hybrid cars, if they carry three people (besides driver), will burn almost the same amount of gas carrying the same amount of people, and they aren't in the same vehicle. (based on the 20 MPG my friend's Z71 Suburban gets on the highway)
    I'll tell you right now, I live in Texas, and I have the legal right to defend my property...anyone tries to put one of these stickers on my truck will be prosecuted for defacing/vandalism of private property if they live past me running out with my shotgun.
    Straight up, pull your heads out of your asses.

Sorry for the novel, guys, but I had to post it!

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Tree huggin' hippie liberal KIDS that are lookin' for something to protest after they have smoked a doobie!!!!

John

14. unsane

unsane Guest

So Basically the United States Armed Forces who use many different types of vehicles(including K5, Hummer) to PROTECT these little jackasses way of life, I suppose are supporting terrorism while they fight it right? It takes just as much ENERGY to operate that website as it does for me to get in my Jimmy and go to work. Oh by the way I drove my 85 K5 to duty every day in the US Air Force, and now I drive my 89 Jimmy everyday to work at my local Sheriffs Dept. Sure hope I dont see any MINDLESS idiots with a handful of bumper stickers.

15. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Change that tire to a swamper, and I'll take 10! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

These are free! all you have to do is download the sticker and buy a sheet of the sticker material from the store. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris

17. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

you know what is really bad, i even read that they are free, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif damn, thats what i get for replying late at night!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I think I will email them and see if they can make them because my 4x4 club /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif would like to place an order because they are so funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.......just to make em mad and antagonize /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

19. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I just gave them a piece of my mind. This is the biggest bunch of crap I have every heard of. Oh and since I work at a Texaco Shop, I must support terrorism in a really big way /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Long live my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

here you go, revised it alitte.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    if anyone wants me change anything let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]